Finally, after 7 days of waiting for the approval from Apple, I can say that I have an application on the iTunes App Store!
The little app is called iLotto Generator and it will (hopefully) help all the lotto gamers. It’s concept is simple and fast.
Check it out at this link:
Remember, it’s a free application! So try it and give me some feedback!
I’m back, I almost forgot about my blog!
I would like to tell you more about the latest upgrade I’ve done to my MacBook Pro 17″ (Early 2008 version, or MacBookPro 3,1 as in System Profiler).
After a lot of research, I found the best Solid State Disk (SSD) for price/performance. The little beast is a OCZ Vertex 120Gb.
First, I wanted to keep also my internal 7200 rpm 200Gb hard disk to keep all the pictures, songs and movies always with me. To achieve my goal, I also had to buy a “container” for it and I found the perfect one: MCE OptiBay (with also the USB enclosure for the SuperDrive).
In total I spent less than 600 USD but allow me to say that this is the biggest upgrade I had on a computer/Mac in the last 5 years at least!
You don’t believe me? Just to state some nice number, the boot time for Leopard 10.5.6 with my usual programs started at boot went down from a boring 2 minutes and 30 secs to a staggering 38 seconds.
I repeat, 38 SECONDS!
But that’s not all, now every application starts in less than a “bounce” on the dock! For the rest, even when all the applications are open, the overall performance is just.. better! The system is always responsive and snappy!
- In the non unibody MBP, install the SSD instead of the included HDD and then remove the SuperDrive in favor of the HDD. The reason is simple: the HDD of the laptop is connected to a SATA cable while the SuperDrive just to a slower ATA.
- Don’t overload the SSD with useless data (remember, the price per GB is way higher on the SSD and wasting it for mp3s you’ll never listen to is not that smart)
- If you can, update the firmware of the SSD (OCZ forums are really helpful)
I leave you with some picts of the “surgical operation”
Almost a month ago I flew from NYC to the sunny San Francisco for business. There I met again Albert, a good friend of my father and definitely also mine, specially after everything he did for me there! Thank you again, Albert!!
Anyways, through Albert I met Shaun, a nice ultra-cool ex-soldier now working for Apple in Cupertino… I couldn’t ask more
So, at the end we ate inside the Apple Cafeteria! I even got a badge from Apple! Of course, outside there is the “Company Store”, which is the only one that sells cool t-shirts and Apple gadgets. How it ended up? That I spent more than 80 bucks in Apple merchandise, including the discount provided by Shaun
Some pictures, enjoy them
Wow! This is gonna be a month full of new projects and new businesses!
I’m proud to announce the world the new IsBloggingOnThe.Net , the new platform to create your own blog within 5 minutes and for free! The features are:
- Totally free
- 40+ themes to choose from, and more will be added daily
- Anti-spam software so you won’t worry about fake comments and spam
- the address will be cool: yourname.IsBloggingOnThe.net! Simply to remember and personal!
- Plugins for statistics and other nice features
- Personal administration dashboard to control everything about your blog!
- We will choose one blog a week and feature it on the the main page, so it will get a lot of visitors!